This academic year Uxbridge College is celebrating 50 years as a college. We first opened our doors in September 1965 and have been educating and training people ever since.
The origins of the College date back before 1965, to 29 January 1935 when the Uxbridge Urban District Council passed a resolution calling for the need of a technical school. Approval was given by Middlesex County Council in 1937 for 5.34 acres of Hillingdon Farm Estate to be used for a Technical Institute.
The outbreak of World War II in 1939 put the development on hold and a food production committee commandeered the area for growing vegetables and other crops. Under the terms of the 1944 Education Act, the local authority prepared a plan for the Ministry of Education, which included Uxbridge Technical College in the reserve list of the 1952/53 building programme.
Take a look at our history and some facts about the College by clicking on the image below: