Motor Vehicle Maintenance
Turn your drive and passion for motor vehicles into a career. Learn the theory and practical skills, in a garage environment, to prepare for a career in the industry.
What’s it like in Motor Vehicle Maintenance?
- Develop your knowledge and put it into practice in our three motor vehicle workshops boasting the latest technology and diagnostic equipment.
- Use specialist equipment including vehicle lifts, electronic testing equipment and a dynamometer facility.
- Learn from expert industry staff who will advise and guide you with their experience of working in the motor vehicle trade. Many have worked for main dealers, run and owned their own garages and will pass on their skills and expertise to get you ready for the world of work.
- Work experience opportunities in the industry are available during the academic year.
- Progress onto higher-level courses, apprenticeships or employment in the industry.
- Benefit from links with well-known companies including Snap-on, Bosch, Halfords, Mercedes and a large network of independent garages and main dealers.
"I have always been fascinated with cars and wanted to learn more. My friends recommended the college and coming here was the best decision I made. The facilities are fantastic and we have everything we need to fully learn the skills needed to start a career in this industry. The college is an excellent place to study - I can see how much I have progressed throughout my time here"
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.