OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Learners are at the heart of our work at Uxbridge College. We create opportunities, we create success and we create futures.
OUR PUBLIC VALUE STATEMENT
Uxbridge College is committed to providing the highest quality education and training. Our aim is to meet the education and training needs of learners, employers and the wider community, raising skill levels and maximising individual potential. Our partnerships are developed and our resources are targeted to achieve this.
- To be known for high quality teaching, learning and assessment that leads to outstanding success
- To prioritise learner progression and employability in the design and delivery of our curriculum
- To ensure all our learners have access to a high quality, safe and secure learning environment
- To continue to work with our partners to promote a strong economy and sustainable community development
- To maintain the strong financial profile needed to ensure a secure future for the College
HEALTH & SAFETY
To view our Health & Safety Policy click here.
To view our Sustainability Policy click here.
There are Student relaxation areas on both campuses at Uxbridge College and are open to all students who attend the College. These areas offer the opportunity to unwind and enjoy the experiences college life has to offer. You can
- Meet and socialise with other students
- Play cards and a variety of board games
- Participate in tournaments and campaigns
- Use the games consoles
- Find out about forthcoming events and trips
- Obtain NUS cards
- Pick up leaflets and information
- Speak confidentially about any private issues
- Participate in volunteering activities
- Attend various workshops designed to help and support your academic study.
You can also get involved in the Student Council - the executives are based at these centres.
Enrichment includes all the activities that make studying at the college more enjoyable. We aim to provide activities that challenge and inspire you on your course as well as those that are aimed at recreation, leisure or for just socialising.
Additional activities are organised to help you make informed decisions about your future whether going into employment or into further or higher education.
Some activities, such as gallery and museum visits, are an integral part of the course if studying any of the creative subjects.
The following are some of the additional activities you are likely to encounter at Uxbridge College:
- Student union activities
- Sports academies and lunch time sessions
- Careers and HE events
- Trips abroad and to places of interest
- Visiting speakers
- Challenging workshops
- Theatre trips
- Taster sessions at universities
- Visits to exhibitions and shows
- Team building events
- Performing arts events
Learning Resource Centres
The Learning Resource Centres at both the Uxbridge and Hayes campus provide worldwide research facilities at your fingertips where you can research quietly and quickly. Experienced Learning Resource Centre staff are there to help you get the best from these fantastic resources.
·Video & audio cassettes
·Learning Resource Centre Intranet.
·Open access computers are available in the Learning Resource Centres. There is no need to book a computer.
·E-resources including Britannica Online, Oxford Reference, Oxford Art, Infotrac, Tourism Insights andIssues Online can all be accessed by students through our VLE Moodle:
Opening Times/ Contact Numbers
Monday - Thursday - 08:30-19:30
Friday - 10:00-16:00
Monday - Friday - 10:00-16:00 (during holidays)
Uxbridge Campus: 01895 853344
Hayes Campus: 01895 853740
Search for learning resources at the College and 17 branch libraries in Hillingdon. All of the resources can be borrowed through Uxbridge College Learning Resource Centres:
Open access study facilities for individual and group study. Study rooms are available for individuals to work in a quiet environment.
Additional support is available for students with disabilities or special needs. Please contact us and let us know your requirements.
Uxbridge: Room A010
Hayes: Room L108
Adjustable computer tables, tracker balls, digital magnifiers, large screens and large keyboards are available for use.
Satellite Study Centres
Two smaller satellite study centres are available at the Uxbridge Campus. These centres are equipped with a range of computing facilities and provide e-learning support.
Careers and Guidance
University Prospectuses, UCAS information and job vacancy publications are available in the Careers section. Books on interview techniques, CV writing and job applications are also available.