Natural & Social Science Professionals N.e.c.
Jobholders in this unit group perform a variety of scientific research and related activities not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 211: Natural and Social Science Professionals.
- Plans, directs and undertakes research into natural phenomena
- Provides technical advisory and consulting services
- Designs tests and experiments to address research objective and find solutions
- Applies models and techniques to medical, industrial, agricultural, military and similar applications
- Analyses results and writes up results of tests and experiments undertaken
- Presents results of scientific research to sponsors, addresses conferences and publishes articles outlining the methodology and results of research undertaken
- Designs and develops an appropriate research methodology in order to address the research objective
- Compiles and analyses quantitative and qualitative data, prepares reports and presents results to summarise main findings and conclusions
- Advises government, private organisations and special interest groups on policy issues
- Writes journal articles, books, and addresses conferences, seminars and the media to reveal research findings.
Entry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. On-the-job training and/or support for postgraduate study may be provided. Professional qualifications are available in some areas of activity.