Uxbridge College Rugby Academy in collaboration with Ruislip Rugby Club
The Uxbridge College Rugby Academy is a full-time programme of study combined with professional Rugby development and coaching to a high standard. The programme offers structured training and games and is aimed at 16-18 year olds (Years 12, 13, 14) who can choose from a wide range of academic and vocational subjects. There is also the opportunity to gain the RFU level 1 coaching award as well as other coaching qualifications.
The Uxbridge College Rugby Academy is working in collaboration with Ruislip Rugby Club. Students benefit from a range of opportunities offered by being in association with Ruislip Rugby Club, including the opportunity to play competitively for Ruislip Rugby Club, guest speakers, work experience and the opportunity to have your Rugby skills and ability developed by qualified Ruislip Rugby Club coaches.
In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, the players train at least once a week, and get the chance to play in the AoC League as well as various cup competitions and tournaments.
What you can expect
- Excellent pastoral care and advice through the college’s EPR (Employability, progression and rveiew) tutorial system.
- Outstanding academic provision from the college.
- Excellent Careers and Guidance programme.
- Excellent Rugby education through the coaching and games programme, including technical and tactical development, physical and psychological development.
- Expert Rugby advice from Ruislip Rugby Club
- Guest speakers from Ruislip Rugby Club and other rugby and sports professionals.
- Injury and rehabilitation management through a sports therapist.
- Ongoing sports performance management and analysis.
- Expert nutrition advice and guidance.
- Opportunity to play in matches in the for Ruislip Rugby Club
- A Training kit package.
- At least one coaching session per week – currently on Monday mornings.
- Sports therapy sessions on Tuesdays.
- Strength and conditioning session on Fridays.
- Tactics and match analysis session on Wednesday morning.
- Competitive fixtures against other colleges and schools take place every Wednesday.
|AM||Training||Lessons||Rugby tutorial, tactics, match analysis||Lessons||Lessons|
|PM||Lessons||Lessons, Sports therapy sessions||Rugby fixture||Lessons||
Training, Strength and
- Higher Education – University study.
- Full-time and part-time employment.
Find out more and book a trial
Alternatively, please complete the enquiry form below.