Building Services and Plumbing
Prepare for a career in plumbing, electrical installation or building services. Gain practical skills and underpin them with knowledge of the latest industry practice, including essential health and safety units.
What's it like in Building Services & Plumbing?
- Develop your practical skills in our dedicated electrical workshops and plumbing suites, with mock bathroom and boiler units, featuring the latest equipment. Combine this with theory lessons using industry-standard training materials.
- Learn from experienced staff who share their knowledge and expertise of working in the plumbing, electrical and building services industries.
- Benefit from links with well-known companies including Balfour Beatty Construction, Beard Construction, Kier Construction, Bristan, JTL, Arri Lighting, Mira and Stuart Turner. Learn about advances in renewable energies ensuring you are ahead of the latest technologies.
- Learn about the latest techniques through visits from industry experts and take part in competitions to showcase your skills.
- Progress onto higher-level courses, apprenticeships or into good jobs.
"The facilities at the college are really good – we have everything we need to get the most of our studies. All my lecturers are supportive and genuinely care about my learning. I would definitely recommend the college to my friends and family"
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
Specialist Home Automation Courses
The college has teamed up with Domotics UK Ltd – a specialist integrated controls and automation consultancy to address the serious skills shortages in the building sector. The requirement for sustainability through integrated controls will become a mandatory requirement for all new builds and will form part of the 2016 Building Regulations. The college offer consists of a short CPD course which highlights what is possible though home automation; and a more detailed course which covers the design and implementation of these systems.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.