BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate In Business (RQF)
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 Extended Certificate qualification at pass or above, with English and maths at C/4 and above.
Who is the course for
This 2 year course is an advanced vocational course for students with a keen interest in business and how it operates.
Year 1 = BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business (RQF), Year 2 = BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business (RQF)
Students will study the following core units in Year 1:
- Unit 1 Exploring Business
- Unit 2 Developing a marketing campaign - External exam
- Unit 3 Personal & Business Finance - external exam
- Unit 8 Recruitment & Selection
- Unit 17 Digital Marketing
Get involved in business challenges and take advantage of guest speakers and visits to enhance your learning.
How is the course assessed
The course is assessed through a variety of assessment methods:
- Externally set assignments held under controlled conditions
- Internally set assignments
- Externally set assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the National Extended Certificate (Year1) to the Diploma in Business (Year2). After completing the Diploma, learners can progress on to an apprenticeship or employment.
Where next - Job Opportunities
A variety of roles, such as marketing, accounting, human resources and administration.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.