C&G Level 1 Certificate in Professional Cookery (7131-03)
There are no formal entry requirements but you must have an interest in Professional Cookery and should not already hold a Level 1 qualification in this subject. You will be assessed to ensure that you have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
Who is the course for
This course is for learners who are looking for a career in the hospitality industry. The Level 1 will suit those who are just starting out in catering and have very little or no experience in hospitality & catering - you might still be at school or starting your first hospitality job. This course is the first step to beginning an apprenticeship in this industry.
This comprises of two qualifications:
- Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking (7131-03) &
Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry (7107 - 22)
Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking You’ll gain the skills to work in a kitchen - from storing food hygienically to cooking simple dishes. You could go on to work in any professional kitchen, perhaps in a hotel, restaurant or school. You also complete a number of optional units from a wide range, such as, preparation and cooking of vegetables, fruit, cakes and pastry items, meat and poultry items, bread
- Certificate in Introduction to the Hospitality Industry You'll cover things like: Customer service, Serving food and drink, Healthy eating, Using kitchen equipment and Basic food preparation. This qualification gives you greater flexibility when studying and allows you to transfer credits across qualifications. You will be awarded credits for each course of study you complete.
The course consists of a number of study methods, such as; practical lessons, practical skills classes, theory lessons, on line tests and paper tests, projects, researching, visits, speakers, Product testing and many more.
How is the course assessed
You are assessed through observation, question and answers, knowledge tests, product testing, project work and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
These Certificates in Hospitality & Catering are a great foundation for further training. After earning your certificate, you can move on to an apprenticeship with us, in the following areas:
- Commis chef apprentice and production chef apprentice
Where next - Job Opportunities
After earning your certificates they can get you started in many hospitality roles and you can move on to an apprenticeship with us
- Chef – commis or production
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.