NCFE/CACHE T-Level 3 Education & Childcare
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (Grade A*-C) which must include both English and maths or a relevant level 2 qualification at merit or above.
Who is the course for
This qualification is designed for post-16 students. The purpose of the Level 3 Technical Qualification (TQ) in Education and Childcare is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training relevant to the T Level. The T Level is the equivalent of three A Levels and therefore will carry UCAS points.
A T Level is a composite technical study programme, predominantly delivered in a classroom setting, and comprises 5 key components:
- An approved technical qualification
- A substantial industry placement with an external employer
- Mathematics, English, and digital requirements; students will have to have achieved a minimum of Level 2 mathematics and English in order to achieve a T Level
- Occupational Specialism(s), which may include additional qualification(s)
- Employability, Enrichment, and Pastoral (EEP) elements.
This consists of both classroom teaching, employer training/ work experience and personal research.
How is the course assessed
To achieve this qualification, the student must successfully demonstrate their achievement of the Core Component and one Occupational Specialism Component. In order to achieve a grade for the Core Component, the student must attempt both of the external examinations and the employer-set project. The combined marks from these assessments will be aggregated to form the overall Core Component grade. The student is required to successfully achieve a Distinction/Merit/Pass grade in one of the Occupational Specialism Components.
Where next - Further Studies
The T Level study programme is eligible for UCAS points. Please check the UCAS website for more information on courses in Higher Education options.
Progression onto lower level apprenticeships may also be possible in some circumstances, if the content is sufficiently different.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following, depending on their chosen Occupational Specialism:
- Early Years Practitioner
- Early Years Educator
- Education Technician
- Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Teaching and Support Assistant
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.