BTEC Level 3 Foundation/Extended Diploma in Computing
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above.
Who is the course for
This course has been designed for young people who are planning a career in IT as a programmer or mobile application developer.
Course units include:
- Fundamentals of computer systems
- Principles of computer science
- Systems methodology
- Systems analysis
- Software design and development project
- The impact of computing
- IT systems security & encryption
- Business applications of social media
- Project management
- Mobile apps development
- Object oriented programming.
The course covers a wide range of practical skills, that are needed for application development, with a focus on programming and software design.
This course is classroom taught, with a range of lectures, group work, presentations and workshops and a focus on projects in the second year.
How is the course assessed
Assessment is through a series of assignments including exams, written assignments, group work, product creation and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
Higher National Diploma in Computing related subjects, BSc degree programmes in computer science or software engineering or apprenticeships.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Careers include: Programmer, mobile applications developer
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.