Construction, Building Services/Plumbing
Develop your trade skills with our Building Services, Electrical and Plumbing Courses.
- Learn from experienced staff who share their knowledge and expertise of working in the plumbing, electrical installation and building services industries.
- Learn about advances in renewables ensuring you are kept up to date with the latest technologies.
- Benefit from industry links with companies including Balfour Beatty Construction, Beard Construction, Kier Construction, Bristan, JTL, Arri Lighting, Mira and Stuart Turner.
- Progress onto higher level courses, apprenticeships or employment in the construction industry.
- Check out our Virtual Open Day recording for Building Services, Plumbing & other subjects here.
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
Specialist Home Automation Courses
The college has teamed up with Domotics UK Ltd – a specialist integrated controls and automation consultancy to address the serious skills shortages in the building sector. The requirement for sustainability through integrated controls will become a mandatory requirement for all new builds and will form part of the 2016 Building Regulations. The college offer consists of a short CPD course which highlights what is possible though home automation; and a more detailed course which covers the design and implementation of these systems.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.
We are proud to have been awarded the MCA quality mark.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.