Construction, Building Services/Plumbing
Develop your knowledge of construction & the built environment and learn the essential skills to ensure the smooth running and maintenance of any built environment, whether it's an office building, hospital or theme park!
- Acquire trade skills with hands-on, practical training in our industry-standard, in-house workshops.
- Learn through a curriculum designed to reflect the needs of the industry and keep abreast of the latest advances and demands of the sector including renewables and green technologies
- Make the most of our fantastic facilities including electrical & plumbing workshops and our new West London Institute of Technology which delivers higher technical education in STEM subjects
- We are Mayor’s Construction Academy accredited, which means we are quality marked with excellent construction skills provision and have a proven track-record of working with employers to ensure that our curriculum is responsive to employer needs.
Our industry links include:
- Innotech Controls Limited: for curriculum development and training
- Morgan Sindall: Providing workshops and apprenticeships
- Balfour Beatty Construction
- Kier Construction
You maybe interested in:
- Uxbridge College Electrical Installation courses
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers have produced the CIBSE Careers Guide for GCSE or equivalent students: explores what it is like to work in the building services industry, the benefits of working within the sector and how to develop a career as a building services engineer.
Interested in Apprenticeships?
Building Management Systems (BMS) Courses
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we are working with Innotech Controls Ltd, a BMS/HVAC specialist, to deliver these industry controls course. There is also a increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in the real world.
We are pleased to be working with Belimo who have kindly donated their actuators for the BMS training course.
We are proud to have been awarded the MCA quality mark.
Higher Technical Education
West London Institute of Technology (WLIoT) based at Uxbridge College was introduced by the Government to tackle the skills gaps in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) sector. WLIoT works alongside anchor partners (Brunel University London, Fujitsu, Heathrow Airport, West London Business) in designing courses that provide students with the skills needed in industry.
WLIoT offers Level 4 (HNC) and Level 5 (HND) construction courses, which are designed to prepare you for the next step in your career, providing you with the confidence, knowledge and skills to succeed.
There are many reasons why you should choose to study HNC/HND construction at WLIoT - Benefits of studying at WLIoT.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.