C&G Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (6035-02) - PT Evening
4 GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths and science or a relevant Level 1 qualification and a minimum Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths.
If you are unable to provide details of your certificates, your eligibility for the course will be assessed in the form of a 30 minute maths and English written test, where candidates would need to achieve a score of at least 60% to be offered a place. The test will cover basic maths principles such as transposition of formula, fractions, percentages, areas, perimeters, SI unit conversions and squares/square roots. In addition you will be asked to complete an English gap fill exercise and write about 3 paragraphs to check your level of written English.
Who is the course for
This course qualification is designed for those learners who may have a limited prior knowledge and understanding of the plumbing sector but have the ability to achieve a fundamental level plumbing qualification.
This qualification covers a wide range of subjects required by the plumbing industry including: .
- Heath and safety
- Scientific principles
- Pipework fabrication techniques
- Domestic hot water systems
- Domestic cold water systems
- Domestic central heating systems
- Above ground drainage
- Electrical systems within the plumbing industry
Combination of Lectures and Workshop sessions, Tutorials, Private study projects and Assignments.
How is the course assessed
On-line exams and simulated Practical assessments.
Where next - Further Studies
Once you are working in the field you could upgrade your qualification to the C&G 6189-57 NVQ L2 in Plumbing & Heating You may also wish to consider the C&G Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies or C&G Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You can gain employment as a domestic plumber, installing central heating systems, maintaining central heating, fire protection systems or installing and maintaining gas, oil and solid fuel pipework and appliances. Please note: the course does not include the installation of gas boilers – for this you would need to take ACS qualifications and be on the Gas Safe register.
- Attendance is 2 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00) for 35 weeks. Please note that in the event that the workshop is not available to carry out your 2 main practical assessments, you may be required to attend college for one full week during the day (09:00 – 16:00 M-F), between January and April 2022 to complete these.
Candidates are expected to have an attendance of no less than 85%. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a maximum of 3 attempts for each exam/assessment. Failing and exam/assessment 3 times will result in only partial accreditation.
In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 17 July and 22 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 23 August onwards.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.