BMS Control Systems Theory & Programming
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills.
Who is the course for
To meet the technical skills gap in the BMS sector we have developed this industry controls course in conjunction with Innotech Controls Ltd. There is an increasing requirement for facilities/maintenance technicians, plumbers and electricians to understand these systems as they are likely to come across them during their usual line of work now or in the future. The course will cover many aspects from BMS/HVAC hardware, controls theory fundamentals and hands on applications engineering that can then be applied in industry.
Overview of the HVAC systems Control Basics
- An overview of the controls process
- Sensors and field devices, what are they and how they are used
- Understanding how a controller works
- Describe and understand how controlled devices are used.
Introduction to Direct Digital Control (DDC)
- Introduction to DDC’s what they are and the functions they can perform
- Common terminologies associated with DDC controllers
- Fundamentals of PID Loop control
- Examining the fundamental programming blocks used to create a DDC configuration
- What is a DDC program?
- Understanding of DDC logic and how programs work
- Networking and communication principles.
- Why we create programs
- How to read a specification
- Understanding programming blocks
- Build real world programs
- Using MAXCon the engineering tool.
iComm comms server
- Understand the Comms server application
- Simple configuration tips
- Transferring programs to a DDC.
- Using simulation DDC
- Testing your logic.
- Test and commission DDC programs
- Backing up
- Fine tune your DDC configuration All software supplied which can be used post training as required.
- Open book assessments
- Hand book and other recourses
- Class based delivery
- 50% theory 50% Practical.
How is the course assessed
- 50% theory assessment open book
- 50% practical open book.
Where next - Further Studies
- Advanced controls applications
- HVAC BMS applications
- Service and commissioning
- Further Innotech courses
- Home automation Design and Installation (offered at Uxbridge College).
Where next - Job Opportunities
- BMS Servicing
- BMS Applications engineering
- BMS Commissioning
- BMS project design.
Last updated 23 August 2018
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.