C&G Level 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (2382-18) - PT Evening
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians with relevant experience and other trades professionals needing to update or demonstrate their understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations: BS7671:2018
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations 6
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations 15
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations 14
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
Lectures and use of the Regulation Book/Calculations. Books required by candidate:
- IET 18th Edition WIRING REGULATIONS BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785611704 (£80 approx) and
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785614422 (£25 approx) The assessment for this course will be a 60 question, 120 minute on-line multiple choice exam (open book).
Where next - Further Studies
Depending on experience, candidates normally progress onto the C&G2391-52 Award in Inspection and Testing course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a mandatory requirement in the electrical contracting industry.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
- There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
- In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Thursday 9th July 2020 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis. The on-line exam will be in the week after the end date of the course.
Last updated 14 May 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.