C&G Level 3 Award Domestic EV Charging Equipment Install (2919-02) - PT Evening
Candidates must have achieved the Level 3 diploma in electrical installation or equivalent overseas qualification and must hold the 18th Edition qualification
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians, ideally with site based experience, who wish to gain knowledge and understanding on Electric Vehicle charging. It allows learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the Electrotechnology sector.
- Know key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Know advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment.
- Understand preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Be able to plan and prepare for the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations.
- Be able to install electric vehicle charging equipment for domestic locations.
- Understand requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle.
- Be able to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging.
How is the course assessed
Candidates must achieve the following 2 units: Unit 302 Understand and apply selection, installation and commissioning of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations - Practical Assignment. Unit 602: Understand and apply selection, installation and commissioning of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic locations – Evolve Multiple Choice Test (1 hour).
Where next - Further Studies
- C&G2919-01 Level 3 Award In Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
- Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Level 4 Award in Design and Verification of Electrical Installation
Where next - Job Opportunities
It allows learners to progress into employment within this specific field, or to the following City & Guilds qualifications (see above) to enable candidates to work within a variety of roles within the Electrotechnical Technology sector.
This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance. Students are expected to self-study between sessions for at least 1 hour, further time should be spent in preparation for the exam. Candidates will be given a Maximum of 2 opportunities to resit the exam, at a cost of £50 per resit. If you fail to miss your practical assessment, you will be charged £300 to resit, and can only do this once. In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, ending 15th July 2022. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course will be considered on a case by case basis. The on-line exam and practical assessment will take place after the completion of the course. This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available. ‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’ Certification is based upon the achievement of the passing the course content and paying the fees in full.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 17 July and 22 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 23 August onwards.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.