C&G 18th Edition Wiring Regs (2382-18) - PT Day
Electrical Installation related qualifications or experience. A good level of English is required. Please ensure you are clear how this course relates to working in the sector. Please click the How to Become a Qualified Electrician through Part-Time Study link on the main Electrical Installation page.
Who is the course for
This qualification is for practising electricians with relevant experience and other trades professionals needing to update or demonstrate their understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations: BS7671:2018
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations 6
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations 15
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations 14
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
Lectures and use of the Regulation Book/Calculations. Books required by candidate:
- IET 18th Edition WIRING REGULATIONS BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785611704 (£80 approx) and
- IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785614422 (£25 approx) The course is planned to run in the classroom. However, there may be sessions delivered through blended learning which may include face to face and some online learning including Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning platforms. The mode of delivery will be governed by the Covid-19 guidelines adopted by the college at that time and may vary throughout the course.
How is the course assessed
The assessment for this course will be a 60 question, 120 minute on-line multiple choice exam (open book).
Where next - Further Studies
Depending on experience, candidates normally progress onto the C&G2391-52 Award in Inspection and Testing course. There are also a number of other CPD training courses available:
- PAT Testing
- Installation and maintenance of Solar Photovoltaic Installations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations
Where next - Job Opportunities
This is a mandatory requirement in the electrical contracting industry.
- Candidates will be given a maximum of 3 opportunities to resit the online exam. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course. The resit fee is £50 and the candidate will need to wait until the next batch of exams are taking place to resit.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 17 July and 22 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 23 August onwards.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.