BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering - PT Day (Year 1 of 3 year course)
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone working for an engineering company who would like to acquire an industry-standard qualification in recognition of their status, or those who would like to progress within the industry. The course is also for those who are currently seeking employment at technician/engineer level in the electro-mechanical environment.
Course units include:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communication for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications.
- Engineering design
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Principles and applications of fluid mechanics
- Engineering drawing for technicians
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Engineering primary forming processes.
A balance of lecturer, laboratory/practical work, tutorials, private study periods, projects and assignment work.
How is the course assessed
All the units are assessed by course assignments which meet BTEC grading criteria for Pass, Merit and Distinction.
Where next - Further Studies
HNC/D in Mechanical Engineering at Uxbridge College.
Where next - Job Opportunities
The price quoted in this factsheet is for the first year of the course only. A similar amount will be payable in each of the 2nd and 3rd years of the course.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available. ‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’
Last updated 29 November 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.