C&G Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing (6002-31)
We recommend you achieve a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing or have equivalent industry experience before enrolling on this course. This qualification is suitable for anyone over the age of 16 years Interview to assess suitability for the course and a test for adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills
Who is the course for
This Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing aims to provide you with a range of specialist practical skills and technical knowledge which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the hairdressing industry.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the hairdressing industry.
Cut hair using a combination of techniques
Creatively colour and lighten hair
Hairdressing consultation services
Creatively style and dress hair
Hair colour correction services
- Creative hair design skills
- Uxbridge College work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers. This practically based training is ideal preparation for gaining employment in the hairdressing industry or specialist further study.
For these qualifications you'll complete practical demonstrations and assignments.
How is the course assessed
Formative assessment provides essential feedback from teaching staff on how well you are making progress. Formative feedback also provides feedback for learners on what they must do to improve. Summative assessment – The synoptic assessment is designed for the candidate to make use their knowledge, understanding and skills they have built up over the course of their learning for this qualification to tackle problems/tasks/challenges.
You are required to carry out the following hairdressing services, including consultation and aftercare. The services can be combined or carried out separately but you must provide services to a minimum of two clients. It is expected that all services will be carried out within six hours.
Hairdressing – Theory exam (2 hours 40 mins). The exam is graded and a candidate must achieve at least a Pass grade in order to be awarded the qualification.
Where next - Further Studies
You could progress into employment or onto a Level 4 qualification in Advanced Techniques or Management, such as such as:
- Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Achievement of this qualification demonstrates to an employer that the individual has the skills and knowledge of health & safety, customer service and also has the necessary advanced cutting, styling, colouring and colour correction skills necessary to be employed as a senior stylist. City & Guilds Advanced Technical could lead to a job as a hairdresser working in one of the following establishments:
- Hotel salon
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.