C&G Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing (6002-31)
Ideally you should hold a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing or have equivalent industry experience before enrolling on this course.
Who is the course for
This Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing aims to provide you with a range of specialist practical skills and technical knowledge which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the hairdressing industry. We recommend you achieve a Level 2 qualification in hairdressing or have equivalent industry experience before enrolling on this course.
Achievement of the new Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing demonstrates to an employer that the individual has the skills and knowledge of health & safety, customer service and also has the necessary advanced cutting, styling, colouring and colour correction skills necessary to be employed as a Senior Stylist or enables you to progress onto level 4 courses.
This qualification covers a very wide range of skills and knowledge required for working in the hairdressing industry.
These are compulsory areas:
- Cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Hair colour correction services
Optional areas include:
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Creative hair design skills
- Creative hair extension services
- Smoothing and strengthening systems
- Create a variety of perming effects
- Hair relaxing services
- Specialist hair and scalp treatments
We work with local employers who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of training. Employers will provide demonstrations and talks on the industry and where possible work placements will also be provided by the employers. This practically based training is ideal preparation for gaining employment in the hairdressing industry or specialist further study.
3 days per week. Theory lessons to cover all theoretical aspects of each unit. Practical lessons in our purpose built commercial salons to train in all aspects of each unit.
How is the course assessed
Overall final grading of Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Synoptic Assessment - final year end practical assessment
- External Assessment – final year end written assessment
Optional units will be assessed through online tests and practical observations
Where next - Further Studies
Progress into employment or onto the Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could lead to a job as a senior stylist working in hair salons, spas, on a cruise ship or in a hotel salon.
Last updated: 02 August 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.