Level 2 Certificate in Barbering
A good general education. To complete the assessments you will need a good level of English, both written and spoken. Some hairdressing skills would be an advantage. Selection is by interview and a reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for individuals who are looking to obtain a full Level 2 Certificate in Barbering.
- Working in the hair industry
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client consultation for hair service
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services to clients
- Cut men’s hair
- Cut facial hair
- Styling men’s hair
The majority of the course will be practical based in the hairdressing salons. There will be theory based classes in addition to practical classes. This is to give guidance on passing exams and assignments. It will also be necessary to complete home study.
How is the course assessed
- Practical assessments will be completed on clients within your practical lessons
- On-line multiple choice exams and written assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress onto a Level 3 Certificate in Barbering
Where next - Job Opportunities
Having successfully achieved this qualification, you would be able to work in the barbering industry starting at a junior barbering level.
Last updated: 18 June 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.