Health & Social Care
Train for a career supporting others. If you are committed to succeeding in a caring role, you’re in the right place. Learn the skills required for roles in care settings and prepare to become a health and social care professional.
What’s it like in Health & Social Care?
- Learn from expert teaching staff with experience of a range of health & social care roles. Find out first-hand what the sector is like, plus get great tips and knowledge of the workplace.
- Get involved in exciting and fun activities and make a difference! Students have taken part in fundraising, including organising a cake sale to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Find out what it’s really like and put your learning into practice with a work placement in education, a nursing home or a health and care setting.
- Our courses provide an essential stepping stone and provide you with the skills you need to prepare for higher education or go into employment.
- Former students have put their skills into action through community projects including helping on assisted shopping days and wrapping Christmas gifts in the local town centre.
Access to Higher Education
If you are hoping to go to university but do not have a Level 3 qualification, we offer an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Health & Human Studies - please click here for further details.
I came to the college as I had heard very good things from my friends. The lecturers are all supportive and helpful. They are always willing to help, even after lessons they make time to ensure that we understand everything – no question is silly. I would definitely recommend the college to my friends and family.