C&G Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (4290-12)
4 GCSEs at grade 2 (grade E) or above including English and maths or a relevant Level 1 motor vehicle qualification. You will have a College interview and initial assessment and references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This course is for those wishing to go onto an Apprenticeship or further Motor Vehicle courses ie Auto Electrics.
Course units include:
- Health and safety
- vehicle and engine components
- removing and refitting components
- Use of hand tools & workshop practices
- Carrying out full service.
Practical work in workshops and classrooms theory lessons.
How is the course assessed
You will be assesed on theory and practical work and build a portfolio of evidence. Online exams and 1 centre devised exam
Where next - Further Studies
An Apprenticeship or further motor vehicle courses.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment as a motor mechanic, MOT tester or auto/diagnostics electrician.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.