C&G Level 2 Certificate Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Programme (4290-17) - PT Evening
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
Those wishing to join the motor industry or wishing to learn more about cars or to follow a hobby.
- Unit 001Skills in health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Unit 004 Skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Unit 051 Knowledge of health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Unit 054 Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Unit 101 Skills in routine light vehicle maintenance (servicing)
- Unit 102 Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
- Unit 103 Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle electrical units and components
- Unit 104 Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle chassis units and components
- Unit 112 Skills in removing and replacing light vehicle driveline units and components
50% practical and 50% theory.
Suitable safety boots and overalls will be required to carry out practical activities in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
The candidate must provide their own boots and overalls.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets
How is the course assessed
3 online exams, 3 centre devised exams, portfolio building and assessment.
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification would improve your chances of entering into, or progression within, the motor industry including the following roles: motor mechanic, garage receptionist, car salesman, garage trainee and parts personnel.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available. ‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’
Last updated 29 November 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.