TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration - Online
- If you are aged 19-23 you would be fully funded if you have previously achieved a full level 2 and are unemployed. If you do not meet both these criteria, you are not eligible for our funding.
- If you are aged 24 + you would be fully funded if you are unemployed and co-funded if you are not. If you are co-funded, you may have to pay a fee to cover part of the cost of the training – please contact us to find out.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year, are aged 19 – 23 and have achieved a full Level 2, you will be fully funded.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year and are aged 24+, you will be fully funded.
- You must live in a London borough postcode. If you live outside the Greater London Authority area, we may still be able to fund you – please contact us to find out. Please look up here: https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/gla_postcode_map_a3_map1.pdf
Who is the course for
This qualification is ideal for anyone with an interest in the responsibilities and tasks involved in a business administration role. By exploring the principles of supporting events, project management and changes within a business environment, you will develop a competitive and impressive knowledge about this sector which can help you start a new career or progress within a current role.
This course is split into seven manageable units:
Unit 1: Principles of providing administrative services This unit will develop your knowledge of a range of administrative support tasks as well as meeting types, different mail services and how to organise travel and accommodation. This unit also covers the impact of delivering poor customer service.
Unit 2: Principles of business document production and information management This unit will provide you with an understanding of how to prepare and distribute business documents and identify how information is managed in business organisations.
Unit 3: Understand communication in a business environment Within this unit you will study written and verbal business communication, including identifying appropriate body language and tone of voice when communicating verbally.
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations This unit will provide you with an understanding of different organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will also cover the internal and external influences on organisations and why change in the business environment is important.
Unit 5: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues Within this unit you will look at the principles of effective team working, as well as what is expected of a ‘buddy’.
Unit 6: Understand how to carry out business administration tasks This unit will provide you with the knowledge of how to deal with incoming and outgoing mail, reception services, diary systems management, event organisation and systems for financing administration roles. You will get the opportunity to apply this to your current or potential future workplace.
- Unit 7: Understand how to prepare text Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to create text from recorded notes as well as knowledge of organisational procedures for storing confidential information.
Online learning materials with online assessment. Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor
How is the course assessed
Where next - Further Studies
Our other Level 2 certificate courses will be a great way to progress.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could assist you in gaining the following employment opportunities and potential salaries:
- Personal Assistant – up to £30,000
- Receptionist – up to £24,000
- Administrator – up to £19,000.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.