NCFE Level 3 Certificate Entry to Uniformed Services
4 GCSE, grade 4 including English and maths or suitable pass at level 2
Who is the course for
The course is for anyone wanting to gain employment within the Uniformed Services, e.g. the Armed Service, Emergency Services, Border Control, Prison Service or Private Security services.
- Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service
- Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Develop leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand conflict management and personal protection
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
Group work, workshops, other class sessions practical and outdoor sessions.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, presentations, practical work, oral work, projects and a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
This is generally a 2 year course; then attend university or a level 4 course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
If 18+ years then employment within the uniformed services or private sector work.
Students are expected to attend residential activities which do incur a fee. There is also a charge for uniform (polos, t-shirts, hoodie).
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.