BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma / Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
5 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English, maths and science at grade C (grade 5) plus an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
- coaching for performance and fitness
- applied research methods in sport and exercise science
- sports injury assessment
- sociocultural issues in sport and exercise.
The exam units include:
- sport and exercise physiology,
- functional anatomy,
- applied sport and exercise psychology
- and nutrition for sport and exercise performance.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a YMCA Fitness Instructor Award (Level 2 in year two) and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost) and work experience.
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the National Foundation Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science or apprenticeships in sports development or fitness instructing/personal training. After completing the Extended Diploma, you can progress onto a higher education course
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in high-level roles in the health and fitness industry such as fitness instructor, leisure centre attendant, manager or a sports coach.
Last updated: 31 October 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.