BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Sport
3 GCSEs grade 2 (grade E) or above including English. You will have a College interview and if necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
You will learn all aspects of sport including:
- how exercise affects the body
- training for fitness
- coaching skills in sport
- contributing to an event and
- working with others.
Alongside this course you will also gain the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assistant Coaching (Sport and Physical Activity) qualification.
This provides students with an introduction to coaching sport and physical activity at an assistant coach level. With this course you will:
- learn to apply the principles of safe and effective sport and physical activity sessions to a group of participants, under the supervision of more qualified coaches.
- develop an understanding of appropriate coaching skills and knowledge to be able to support the delivery and review of coaching sessions.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions. The course has a high practical element.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders or apprenticeships in a sporting capacity such as fitness instructing or activity leadership.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure centre attendant, assistant sports coach or play worker in an after school club. Depending on the age of the learner, the additional qualification may support a role in the workplace, either in paid or voluntary occupations, as support for a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified sports coach.
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person – come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.