BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at distinction level. If necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This course is for those wishing to progress onto the Level 5 HND in Travel & Tourism at Uxbridge College, university or gain employment in the travel & tourism industry.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Course units include:
- Investigate the industry
- Business of travel and tourism
- UK destinations
- Customer service in travel and tourism.
Optional units include:
- Marketing products and services
- Preparing for employment in travel & tourism
- Working as a holiday representative
- Passenger transport for travel and tourism
- Researching current issues (Level 4 unit)
- Work experience.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will also involve an overseas residential trip.
How is the course assessed
Course work, assignments, time constrained assignments and practical applications of skills.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism. After completing the Extended Diploma progress onto the Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management at Uxbridge College or a higher education course at university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various roles in airports, travel agencies, tour operators, airlines and at tourist attractions.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.