C&G Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry (4959-03) and C&G Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry (4955-01)
5 GCSEs grade 2 (grade E) or above including English. If necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those wishing to gain employment in the travel & tourism industry.
Course units include:
- The UK travel industry
- The UK tourism industry
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Locational geography
- UK travel and tourism destinations
- Recommending holidays to suit customers’ needs
- Promotional materials for travel and tourism
- Providing information on a tourist destination
- Preparing for employment in travel and tourism.
Students on this course will have the opportunity to study for the additional qualification - The Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry - within this study programme. This means you can potentially gain two qualifications at the end of your course.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will include a residential stay within the UK. You may also undertake a one week work placement within the travel industry.
How is the course assessed
Course work, assignments, time-constrained assignments and practical applications of skills. .
Where next - Further Studies
C&G Level 2 Diploma in Travel & Tourism or an apprenticeship.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a travel or holiday representative, a junior role in a hotel or at the airport.
Last updated: 31 October 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.