Queen's Platinum Jubilee Celebration
Uxbridge College’s SEN (Special Educational Needs) Foundation students, and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) students have organised a community event to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
The event will include performances, hair and beauty treatments, cream teas, stalls and activities, as well as sports competitions at nearby Golden Park, in College Way.
Planned activities include:
• Celebration cream teas and homemade shortbread in the college’s Revisco training restaurant made by catering and hospitality students.
• Hair-braiding, temporary tattoos, and manicures by Hair & Beauty students; Glitter tattoos for children.
• Traditional Sports Day in Golden Park.
• Games including 'Royal Flush’ and ‘Hook a duck’ run by Foundation Studies students, and other competitions.
• Live performances by music students and a chance to drop in and see performing arts rehearsals in the college’s dance studios.
• Food Fayre with world foods prepared by ESOL students, pastries/cakes.
• Plant/seed sale run by Foundation Studies students.
• Tote bags & T-shirts with Royal theme for sale, created by Foundation Studies students.
• MoreEnergyHayes (fitness centre at Hayes campus - open to the public for membership) – Will provide a free Health check normally worth £7.99.
• Chelsea Football Club Foundation invite you watch a robotic football activity called Sphero. The Foundation supports Uxbridge College’s Men’s and Women’s Football Academies, which are inclusive to all students across the complete range of full-time courses.
• Information and advice for adults looking to upskill or retrain, including short courses and apprenticeships through face-to-face and online courses. As well as JCP to help support and provide advice on local job vacancies.
Please note this is a cash-only event. Many events and activities will be free, with proceeds from refreshments, sales of commemorative items and plants etc, and donations invited for hair-braiding, manicures and other treatments, raising money for Reedham Children’s Trust, whose patron is the Queen.
We look forward to seeing you there!Save to calendar