Build on your love of sport and fitness to prepare for a rewarding career in the industry or to go on to university. Combine your practical sports aptitude with theoretical study skills to gain a highly recognised vocational qualification.
What’s it like in Sport?
- Learn from expert lecturers with industry experience, who have worked in the sport, health and fitness industry as coaches, personal trainers, sport rehabilitators and professional sports people.
- Former students are working as personal trainers, coaches with professional development programmes, sports development officers, PE teachers, as a professional footballer in Brazil and one former student owns 3 PT gyms in London! A number of students have succeeded in securing apprenticeships in coaching, PE and fitness instructing.
- Many students have progressed on to higher education at UK universities, including Bath, Exeter, Brighton and Brunel, studying sports science, sports rehabilitation, sports coaching, and sports management. Also, students have gained sports scholarships to US universities.
- Develop your practical skills in fantastic facilities including a £6m sports hall, two outdoor multi-use pitches, a fitness centre and a sports laboratory with a strength and conditioning area that includes lifting platforms, squat rack plus the latest technology to analyse sport performance.
- Improve your employability skills with work experience placements and volunteering opportunities to find out first-hand what it’s really like to work in the sector.
- We have Sport Academies to provide the opportunity to play competitive sport including football, basketball, netball, rugby and cricket with links to professional clubs such as the Chelsea Football Foundation, Thames Valley Cavaliers, Ealing Trailfinders, Uxbridge Cricket Club and Ruislip Rugby Club.
- On some of our study programmes, students will have the opportunity to study for an additional qualification, within the programme. This means you can potentially gain two qualifications at the end of your course.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.