The Careers Team provides comprehensive advice about training and employment.
For present and future students:
- Interviews with a qualified careers advisor.
- Information and advice about courses and apprenticeships.
- Specialist careers advice for people in or leaving care, or who have an Education Health Care Plan.
- A drop-in advice service.
- Help with CV writing, job-searching and applying.
- Information and advice about progression to the next course with us or elsewhere.
- University applications help, events and visits.
- The opportunity to meet a qualified careers adviser.
- Discussion with specialist staff about the specific needs of people with Education Health Care Plans
- Advice on student finance.
The service provided by the team is matrix acredited.
To find out more about the funding available for higher education (HE) please click the video below to see the presentation from the Careers Team. You can also pdf view the presentation slides here (1.52 MB) .
Uxbridge College is committed to the Gatsby Benchmarks for good careers guidance as follows:
• A stable Careers Programme
• Learning from Career & Labour Market Information
• Addressing the needs of individual students
• Linking Curriculum Learning to Careers
• Encounters with Employers & Employees
• Personal Guidance.
All requests will be considered on the basis of staffing availability to support the activity, avoiding clashes with other planned activity, or rooming and space availability to host the activity.
Useful resources for planning ahead
- Careers Information for parents – Parental Guidance
- Careers information – National Careers Service
- Apprenticeship information – Rate My Apprenticeship
- Advice for single parents - Gingerbread
- Government advice for parents – gov.uk
- Advice for grandparents bringing children up – Grandparents Plus
- Applying to university - UCAS
- Free and discounted travel information - TFL
- Mental health support for young people - NHS
- General advice on careers and qualifications - Moving On
- pdf What do graduates do? (15.04 MB)
- pdf Labour Marketing Information by region (801 KB)
- pdf What's next for me? Post-16 guide (7.78 MB)
Labour Market Intelligence
GET UP TO DATE LABOUR MARKET INTELLIGENCE (LMI) ABOUT THE CAREER YOU ARE INTERESTED IN!
Want to find out the UK average wages and working hours of the jobs you are interested in? Careerometer can help!
Type the job or career that you are interested in into the first card below and select from the list of options provided to display the information. You can compare jobs at once by using the other cards.
When you have finished comparing the different job areas head to our courses page to find out more about the courses on offer to help you on your journey to a great career!
Find out more
To speak to our Careers Advisers call us on 01895 853336 or drop into the Careers Centres by the Reception at our Uxbridge and Hayes campuses.
Please click here to view our Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Policy.
HCUC's student services are Matrix accredited.