Engineers have never been more in demand – prepare for your career in this vast sector. Learn the engineering basics and take your study through to university-level qualifications. Choose to specialise in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Specialist Engineering brochure: For employers in the Engineering sector with facilities and training opportunities
What's it like in Engineering
- You will develop your practical and theoretical skills to start an interesting and rewarding career in engineering. You will benefit from visiting employers & speakers from industry.
- Enjoy a variety of teaching and learning methods, interesting and challenging assignments and projects. You will be encouraged to use abstract and research work to make sure your work includes the latest engineering concepts.
- Links with major engineering companies including Ultra Electronics Controls, Hale Hamilton (Valves) Ltd, Keysight Technologies, TfL, John Guest Ltd, Martin Baker Aircraft Co Ltd, Constellium and PB Control Systems.
- Study in modern and specialist laboratories with soldering irons, test equipment such as multi meters, power supplies, digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyser, logic analysers, logic probes, PIC and PCB manufacturing to build and test circuits.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at TfL, Audi, Sky, British Airways, OTIS, British Telecom, National Air Traffic Control, Ultra Electronics Controls and National Rail.
- Use a variety of software packages for CAD/ CAM such as AutoCAD, Autograph, Automation Studio, Solid Works and robotics simulation.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at British Airways, Ultra Electronics Controls, TFL, Brownell, Hale Hamilton (Valves), Thames Water, Schindler, J K Engineering, Schwing Stetter and Bank of America (software development): Broadberry.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
Interested in a career as a plumber? Our new courses are taught in brand new facilities providing the essential skills and knowledge you need to get qualified. Click here to view our students in the workshops.
Higher Education at Uxbridge College
"If you want to move up in your career or are looking for a cost effective route to university, have a look at our Higher Education (HE) qualifications. These high-quality courses are equivalent to one or two years at university and cost a good deal less than full-time degree study. They are also highly valued by employers." - Laraine Smith, Principal of Uxbridge College.