Engineers have never been more in demand – prepare for your career in this vast sector. Learn the engineering basics and take your study through to university-level qualifications. Choose to specialise in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Specialist Engineering brochure: For employers in the Engineering sector with facilities and training opportunities
What's it like in Engineering
- The School employs highly qualified staff with PhD’s, Masters or Bachelor Degrees with industrial experience in various specialist branches of Engineering.
- You will develop your practical and theoretical skills to start an interesting and rewarding career in Engineering. You will benefit from visiting employers & speakers from industry.
- An integral part of your studies will be to develop your employability skills by taking part in work experience, trips and visits to see the world of engineering in action.
- Enjoy a variety of teaching and learning methods, interesting and challenging assignments and projects. You will be encouraged to use abstract and research work to make sure your work includes the latest engineering concepts.
- Your practical skills will be further developed by completing a wide range of practical activities and experiments undertaken during your studies in the excellent workshops and laboratories in the engineering school.
- Links with major engineering companies including Ultra Electronics Controls, Hale Hamilton (Valves) Ltd, Keysight Technologies, TfL and Amplifier Technology.
- Use a variety of state of the art hardware and software resources such as Multisim, Lab View, Matlab, Arduino, PIC microcontrollers, PLC and robotics simulation.
- Demonstrate your newly developed practical and theoretical skills by developing your own projects and products.
- Many of our students go on to prestigious universities including Brunel University London, University of Bristol, University of Bath, University of Leeds, University of Hertfordshire, London South Bank University, Huddersfield University, Nottingham University, Liverpool University, Coventry University, University of Sussex, University of Leicester, University of Southampton and Portsmouth University.
- Study in modern and specialist laboratories with soldering irons, test equipment such as multi meters, power supplies, digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyser, logic analysers, logic probes, PIC and PCB manufacturing to build and test circuits.
- Use a variety of training kits to build and test electrical, analogue and digital electronic circuits, using various techniques.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at TfL, Audi, Sky, British Airways, OTIS, British Telecom, National Air Traffic Control, Ultra Electronics Controls and National Rail.
- Study in modern workshops with various tools, devices, machines and equipment for manufacturing such as pedestal and pillar drills, lathes, milling machines, band saws, metal cutting, vacuum forming, grinding, materials testing, CNC, 3D printing.
- Use a variety of software packages for CAD/ CAM such as AutoCAD, Autograph, Automation Studio and robotics simulation.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at British Airways, Ultra Electronics Controls, Brownwell, Hale Hamilton, Thames Water, Schindler, J K Engineering, Schwing Stetter and True Form Engineering.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
I came to the college as I always heard about its high reputation and to gain the required knowledge level to move onto higher education. The facilities are very good and the workshops are well-maintained, organised and equipped with the latest machinery.
The lecturers are supportive, helpful and approachable. Their industry experience helps as it gives us inside information on what it’s like to work in the engineering industry. For a fantastic start to your career come to Uxbridge College!
Interested in a career as a plumber? Our new courses are taught in brand new facilities providing the essential skills and knowledge you need to get qualified. Click here to view our students in the workshops.
Higher Education at Uxbridge College
"If you want to move up in your career or are looking for a cost effective route to university, have a look at our Higher Education (HE) qualifications. These high-quality courses are equivalent to one or two years at university and cost a good deal less than full-time degree study. They are also highly valued by employers." - Laraine Smith, Principal of Uxbridge College.