Every industry depends on the precise and efficient work of engineers. Specialise in mechanical or electrical/electronic or electro-mechanical engineering to embark on a career in this vast sector
- Develop practical and theoretical skills at college and gain industry knowledge from visiting experts and speakers.
- Enjoy a combination of classroom teaching with challenging assignments and projects. You will use research to ensure your work includes the latest engineering concepts.
- Benefit from our industry links with major engineering companies like Ultra Electronics Controls, Hale Hamilton (Valves) Ltd, Keysight Technologies, TfL, CBRE, RWC, Martin Baker Aircraft Co Ltd, Constellium and Surface Measurement Systems.
- Students have gone on to secure employment at some of the companies above plus Reach, British Telecom, Bank of America (Software Development), Jaguar Land Rover, True Form Engineering, Thames Water, Schindler, J K Engineering and National Rail among others.
- Study in our state-of-the-art laboratories with soldering irons, test equipment such as multi meters, power supplies, digital storage oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyser, logic analysers, logic probes, PIC, PLC, industrial robot, process control and PCB manufacturing to build and test circuits.
- Use a variety of software packages such as Multisim, Autograph, Automation Studio, robotics simulation, LabView, Matlab and PLC simulation.
- Study in modern workshops equipped with the latest devices and machinery for manufacturing such as pedestal and pillar drills, lathes, milling machines, CNC, band saws, metal cutting, pelton wheel, vacuum forming, TIG welding, wind tunnel, gas turbine engine, grinding, materials testing such as tensile and compression testing, impact testing, viscosity testing, extensometer, 3D printing.
- Use a variety of software packages for CAD/ CAM such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Autograph, Automation Studio, Solid Works, Matlab, PLC simulation and robotics simulation.
You maybe interested in:
- Virtual Open Day recording of the Engineering session for courses in September 2021
- Uxbridge College Building Services, Construction and Plumbing courses.
- Higher Education Courses in Engineering: If you want to move up in your career or are looking for a cost effective route to university, have a look at our Higher Education (HE) qualifications. These high-quality courses are equivalent to one or two years at university and cost a good deal less than full-time degree study. They are also highly valued by employers.
- Benefits of studying a HNC/HND in Engineering at Uxbridge College
- West London Institute of Technology (WLIoT): Our HE Courses in STEM areas, Computing, Construction and Engineering are provided through the new West London Institute ofTechnology (WLIoT), based on Uxbridge Campus.
- Click on the image beow to see where our students have progressed to:
Interested in Aprpenticeships?
We are proud to have been awarded the MCA quality mark.
West London Institute of Technology (WLIoT) based at Uxbridge College was introduced by the Government to tackle the skills gaps in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) sector. WLIoT works alongside anchor partners (Brunel University London, Fujitsu, Heathrow Airport, West London Business) in designing courses that provide students with the skills needed in industry.
WLIoT offers Level 4 (HNC) and Level 5 (HND) engineering courses, which are designed to prepare you for the next step in your career, providing you with the confidence, knowledge and skills to succeed.
There are many reasons why you should choose to study HNC/HND engineering at WLIoT - Benefits of studying at WLIoT.
WLIoT Engineering Courses:
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering (Electrical & Electronics)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering (General Engineering)
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) (RQF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (RQF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (General Engineering)
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.