Develop your passion for gaming – in the classroom! The advances in gaming technology have opened up whole new areas of study. Choose a design or programming route to maximise your skills for this fast-paced and exciting industry.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your own games throughout the course.
We are proud to run the NextGen Skills Academy course in Games, Animation and VFX which has been showcased on BBC London news - check out the clip below. Footage shot in the College’s IT & Media Centre, which featured interviews with students taking the course, was featured on BBC1 at lunchtime and during the early evening news.
What's it like in Games Development
- Get ‘industry ready’ with our amazing games, animation and VFX skills course. It has been developed by NextGen Skills Academy with partner awarding organisation AIM Awards and leading employers from games, animation and VFX, including Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Framestore, Double Negative, Blue Zoo and MPC. We are the only London college to be part of the NextGen Skills Academy offering this exciting course focusing on industry requirements and providing a pipeline for new talent.
- Fantastic employer links with major companies including Sony, Sky, Pinewood Studios and Escape Technology provide students with experience of industry requirements.
- Staff bring their expertise from industry into the classroom so you can learn the skills that are needed and find out first-hand how industry works.
- Students have previously visited the E3 expo in Los Angeles as part of their HND programme and may plan a trip to Tokyo Game Show to meet industry experts and pick up careers advice and ideas to add to their skills-set and portfolios.
- Former students have completed degrees and gained scholarships at prestigious universities including Bournemouth University, University College London, University of Westminster, University of Greenwich, University of Hertfordshire and Staffordshire University.
Find out how our we are working with Escape Technology to provide our students with the best industry links and knowledge.
Uxbridge College is the only College in London to be running the new course – launched September 2015 - which is designed to address creative industry skills shortages.
Check out our Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma Game Design students work in the showreel produced for the College's Creative Week Show 2016. It encompasses 2D animation, 3D modelling and animation, environment design and other areas of visual development.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.