Develop the practical and theoretical skills you need to prepare you for a career in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire, Ambulance or other Public Services.
What's it like in Public Services?
- Develop your leadership and team working skills to better prepare you for a career in Uniformed Public Services (UPS). The UPS prevent and respond to incidents, protect and serve society, provide peacekeeping, humanitarian assistance, prevent conflict and defend UK interests
- Students are challenged on their teamwork, leadership and communication skills while developing knowledge on UK policy, terrorism, media, human rights and expedition skills
- Former students are currently working in the Armed, Emergency or Supportive services such as the British Army (including the Prince of Wales and Guards Regiment), Royal Marines, Royal Air Force, as Police Officers, Special Constables and as Prison Officers.
- Students have progressed onto higher education courses to study policing and criminology / forensic science, and government & politics at universities including Bucks New University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Derby, University of West London, Portsmouth University and Brunel University London.
- Our courses offer many opportunities to learn about disaster planning, emergency response, law to discussing security threats and human behaviour.
Check out the latest news and activities from Sport, Travel & Public Services
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.