Develop the practical and theoretical skills you need to prepare you for a career in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire, Ambulance or other Public Services.
Public Services students are benefitting from a partnership with SafeGuard clothing who are working with Uxbridge College to support students enrolled on Public Services courses. Find out more about their donation of body armour here.
What's it like in Public Services?
- Get involved in team building exercises, fitness drills, keeping to deadlines and show good discipline.
- Take part in residential trips, involving camping and hiking, to develop your leadership and teamwork skills.
- Staff share their experience and expertise to prepare you for a career in this varied and rewarding sector.
- Embrace the Public Services motto “To achieve is to succeed”.
- Strong links with the Army and other Services provide knowledge of life in the military and emergency services.
- Our courses are specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and experience to progress to a fulfilling career in the Uniformed Public Services, including the Police, Armed Forces, Fire, Ambulance and Prison Services.
- Past students are currently working as Police Officers and Special Constables, in the British Army (including the Prince of Wales and Guards Regiment), Royal Marines, Royal Air Force and as Prison Officers.
- Students have progressed onto higher education courses to study policing and criminology / forensic science, and government & politics at universities including Bucks New University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Derby, University of West London, Portsmouth University and Brunel University London.
- All students achieve an appointed person first aid certificate and Level 3 students have the opportunity to achieve an industry recognised fitness certification.
Check out the latest news and activities from Sport, Travel & Public Services
"My friend already studies here and said very good things about the college but as soon as I came to the open day I knew this was definitely the college for me! Lecturers are helpful and supportive – always available to help during and outside of lessons. They have years of industry experience so are able to provide us with real-life examples and scenarios which really help as we fully understand what is required from us"