Travel & Tourism
Equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed for an exciting career in travel and tourism. Our location is ideal with excellent links to airlines, hotels, tour operators and Heathrow Airport, plus our courses provide fantastic opportunities including industry work placements, residential trips, guest speakers and lots more!
What’s it like in Travel & Tourism?
- Our courses are specifically designed to prepare you for a fulfilling career in the travel and tourism industry, including roles as cabin crew, overseas holiday representatives, travel agents, airline customer service agents, understanding of the cruise industry and business travel agents along with hospitality and event management positions.
- Take part in fantastic work experience opportunities with quality placements in industry. Many students are now working for British Airways and Virgin Atlantic as a result of successful work placements.
- All teaching staff hold an industry-related degree and have extensive knowledge and experience of the industry which adds up to a total of 97 years!
- Visit top UK and European tourism destinations during residential trips and visits, which have included Bournemouth, Edinburgh, Croatia, Iceland and New York.
- Benefit from employer links with major companies such as British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Park Inn Hotel and Colette Worldwide.
- Attend the annual employer fair with representatives from numerous organisations including British Airways, Georgian House Hotel, Alpine Elements, Tui, Igoski, Titan Airways, Cogo Travel and Hilton Hotels providing work experience and employment opportunities.
- On some of our study programmes, students will have the opportunity to study for an additional qualification, within the programme. This means you can potentially gain two qualifications at the end of your course.
Check out the latest news and activities from Sport, Travel & Public Services
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for a course, please click on the (i) 'Courses' Tab on the right or scroll down (if using mobile), (ii) Select your level & choose your course and (iii) Click on the 'Apply Now' button on the desired course page.