If you are committed to succeeding in a caring role, you're in the right placeas Uxbridge College can provide you with the skills you need.
People who train in health & social care at the College have an excellent record of progressing into jobs from their courses and many also choose to go into higher education.
The courses provide a real life experience of working in a variety of roles within health & social care. Theory is combined with practical work so students are prepared to go into the workplace with the right skills. Work placements are an important part of the course, offering the opportunity to put learning into practice in a variety of organisations, including social services, nursing homes and day centres.
Teaching staff have had experience in many different health & social care roles so you can find out first hand what it is like to be involved in the sector. Their advice will provide you with great tips and knowledge to perfect your skills in work placements.
What's it like in Health & Social Care?
- Students develop skills and knowledge to prepare them for a range of occupations in health & social care
- You can find out about the varied job roles the sector has to offer
- Work experience placements give you a chance to put your training into practice
- Students have put their skills into action helping on assisted shopping days in the local town centre
- Many opportunities to develop your skills and go on to higher education or into employment.