How to apply and helpful information
Apply for an HE course at Uxbridge College
Applying for higher education couldn’t be easier! If you need assistance with your application, we are here to help.
Making an HND application
You will need to apply through UCAS who provide application services for entry to colleges and universities. The Careers Team can provide you with initial support and advice to help you with your application or you can apply directly through UCAS at www.ucas.com
Once UCAS have processed your application the college will be in contact with you to arrange an interview, which is usually within 15 days of receiving your application. This will give you the opportunity to find out even more about your course and what you will be studying.
During the interview, the outcome of your application will be confirmed by the interviewer and where successful you will be provided with either a conditional or a definite offer. If you are given a conditional offer, your place is subject to you meeting those conditions i.e. entry grades.
Further written confirmation of the outcome of your offer will be sent in writing by the college’s Admissions Department and UCAS (where applicable).
You can either accept or decline your offer by contacting the Admissions Department and updating your UCAS application (where applicable).
You have the right to cancel your acceptance at any point prior to the start of the course.
If you would like to appeal against the outcome of your interview you can do so in writing to: The Principal, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
Making an HNC and Teacher Training courses application
To apply for HNC and Teacher Training courses search for the course you want to apply for, click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the course details and complete the application form. If you need any assistance please contact the Information, Advice & Guidance Team on 01895 853333 who can help you with your application.
- UCAS is an online directory of all higher education courses available at UK universities and colleges. You can find out about courses, how to apply, compare a variety of courses and find the answers to other frequently asked questions on undergraduate study.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and articles on education and current affairs via The Guardian's education section and The BBC
- Find out more about university and higher education from the government's website
- More information and advice on student finance visit the Student Loans Company at www.slc.co.uk
- The Student Finance Calculator can provide you with an estimate of the financial support you could receive
- The official website for the National Union of Students (NUS): www.nus.org.uk
- To search for UK scholarships: www.scholarship-search.org.uk
- To view the College's complaints policy please click here
- To view the College's Terms and Conditions for HE Students please click here
- Visit an open day at Uxbridge College and find out more about what we offer
- For information and dates of university and college open days
Progression and Graduate careers
- Information on career choices for students at all levels at The Big Choice
- Information on further courses to progress onto is available at What Uni
Advice for students with disabilities
- Find out about the financial help available for students with disabilities
- Additional support is available to HE students who require specific equipment for support. Please contact the Information, Advice & Guidance Team for more information on 01895 853333 or contact Student Finance England to find out more and apply for a Disabled Students' Allowance
- To help students we have assistive technology and staff are available to assist with course work.
Last updated: 5 April 2019