EAL Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation - PT Evening
Who is the course for
This course is the first step for candidates wishing to pursue a career as an electrician and for those working in the sector to progress their careers. The course covers the basic theory and practical skills required for electrical installation work.
- Health and safety in building services
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installation technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
The course will comprise of theory and practical sessions.
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets. Safety boots are also required
Candidates will also require the following books:
Electrical Installation Work: Level 2 : EAL Edition (ISBN NO 978 113 891 7149) publisher Taylor & Francis Group 2015 approx £25
IET On-Site guide BS7671:2018 ISBN: 9781785614422 (£25 approx).
How is the course assessed
4 x online multiple choice examinations, a number of practical and written assignments need to be completed throughout this course. All assessments must be completed and handed in by the deadline dates that will be provided to you by the tutor. Candidates will receive:
- one free resit for all online exams – all future exams will be charged at £50 each.
- one free resubmission for all written assignments – all future resubmissions will be charged at £50 each.
If a candidate does not attend or fails any of their scheduled practical assessments these will need to be rescheduled and charged at a cost of £100 each.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 in Electrical Installation.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Candidates will not be recognised by the electrical sector until they complete the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation.
Attendance is 2 evenings per week (18:00 to 21:00) and one Saturday a month (09:00 to 16:00) Candidates are expected to have an attendance of no less than 85%. If your attendance falls below this level you will be at serious risk of failing the course. If this poor attendance persists without good cause you may be withdrawn from the course.
- This is an “Intensive Learning Programme” that requires 90% - 100% attendance.
- Students are expected to undertake a substantial amount of self -study between sessions, particularly in the preparation for exams and assignments.
- There are a number of exams and assessments throughout the course – candidates will be given a Maximum of 3 opportunities to resit each exam/assessment. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course.
- In order to achieve the qualification, candidates must pass all elements of the course within the current academic year, which ends on Monday 29 June 2020 – there will be no opportunity for any resits/resubmissions after this date. However, serious personal issues that arise that may adversely affect attendance and consequently completion of the course - these will be considered on a case by case basis.
Last updated 14 May 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.