This course is equivalent in size to two A Levels. It has 10 units of which 6 are mandatory and 2 are externally assessed. All units must be passed to achieve the qualification.
- Unit 1 Engineering Principles (Mandatory EA)
- Unit 2 Delivery of Engineering Processes safety as a Team (Mandatory IA)
- Unit 7 Calculus to solve Engineering problems (Mandatory IA)
- Unit 3 Engineering Product Design and Manufacture (Mandatory EA)
- Unit 4 Applied Commercial and quality principles in Engineering (Mandatory IA)
- Unit 19 Electronic Devices and Circuits (Optional IA)
- Unit 5 A specialist Engineering Project (Mandatory IA)
- Unit 8 Further Engineering Mathematics (Optional IA)
- Unit 25 Mechanical Behaviour of Metallic Materials (Optional IA)
- Unit 27 Static Mechanical Principles in practice (Optional IA)
IA – Internal Assessment
EA – External Assessment
GCSE grades 4-9 in five subjects including Mathematics, Science, English Language and 2 of the following - Design Technology, Business and ICT.
Or BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering with overall MM, and merit in Unit 10 Mathematics for Engineering, with GCSE grades 4-9 in Mathematics.
And a good academic reference or school report
Mature candidates and those with overseas qualifications will also be considered, subject to interview and initial assessment.
Who is the course for?
This course is for students who are interested in a career in Engineering.
Each unit is studied through workshop, online and classroom activities. There is a weekly tutorial and private study to enable students to work on their own.
Theory is delivered through blended learning which may include face to face and some online learning including Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning platforms. The mode of delivery will be governed by the Covid-19 guidelines adopted by the college at that time and may vary throughout the course.
How is the course assessed?
Units 1 and 3 will be assessed externally by the awarding body (Pearson). The remaining units will be assessed internally by course assignments and tests.
The fee quoted is for the first year only. Candidates will be required to pay each year of the course – total cost for the course is around £6,200.
Certification is based upon the achievement of the passing the course content and paying the fees in full.
- PLEASE NOTE If you apply between Friday 22nd July & Sunday 21st August 2022, the commercial manager Sanjay Suri will respond to you w/c Monday 22nd August 2022.
Where Next – Job Opportunities
You can go into employment in the engineering sector.
Where Next – Further Studies
After successful completion of this course you may transfer onto the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (1 year part time) and then you may go to into higher education, or an apprenticeship.
How to apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
>> Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
>>Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.