Foundation Learning & Skills for Life
Our courses are suitable for students who have few or no formal qualifications and would like to progress onto a vocational course in the future. They are suitable for learners with special educational needs.
What’s it like in Foundation Studies?
- Students study employability, maths and English as well as learning a range of skills such as horticulture, ICT and customer service.
- Friendly staff provide a supportive and caring environment to help students reach their potential and progress to further study or employment.
- Students get involved in enterprise tasks and community-based activities, such as raising money for charity, volunteering in the community, making products to sell and organising events.
- Preparation for the world of work is important and there are units to help students apply for jobs and interview practice, with the support of our Employment Coach.
- All students participate in work experience and/or voluntary work
Skills for Life
Our courses are suitable for students with a wide range of learning difficulties or disabilities, who have few or no formal qualifications and who require support to help them work towards a specific goal or gain a qualification.
- Students gain a range of basic and life skills such as maths, English and ICT, cooking, horticulture, money management, accessing the community, developing confidence and study skills.
- Friendly staff provide a supportive and caring environment and are on hand to help students reach their potential.
- Students get involved in work related activities and gain valuable life skills. Students do work experience in our own shop where they develop their social and numerical skills.
- Our team of Learning Support Assistants are on hand in the classroom to ensure learners get all the support they need.